- test :
At NB Construction, it’s our goal to give everyone in and around Los Angeles, CA, the possibility of attaining the house of their dreams. We don’t only offer Los Angeles kitchen remodeling and bathroom remodeling – we offer a wide variety of services that are sure to suit your home remodeling needs. One of these services that we’re proud to provide is room addition. As your trusted Los Angeles general contractor, we’d like to give you a list of ten things to know if you’re planning on adding a room to your house.
Ten Things to Know About Adding a Room
Here are ten of the most important things to know or think about when adding a room:
- The average cost of adding a room is just over $40,000 so be ready to spend the necessary money on this endeavor.
- If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, you can install a sun room, a budget-friendly addition to a house.
- Consult with an architect beforehand to make sure that the design is cohesive with the rest of the building.
- Find a trustworthy contractor. They’ll take a normally difficult process and simplify it, which is especially useful if you don’t have construction knowledge.
- Make sure that you or your contractor go over your town’s rules so that you don’t break anything, such as a height limit if you’re planning on expanding upward.
- Understand that this is a process that can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Be prepared to take the precautions necessary, even if it has to include sleeping elsewhere for the time being.
- Take into account how much space you’ll have to add for your new room.
- Make sure that the room will add value to your house and then determine how much value it will add.
- Because the room will add value to your house, it will also raise your taxes.
- If you’re adding a ground-level room, you’ll want to keep the floor of the new room at the same level as the floor of the rest of the house.
Contact Your Los Angeles General Contractor Today!
If you’re looking for a Los Angeles living room, kitchen, or bathroom remodel, we encourage you to give us a call at (323) 424-3514. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or comments for us. We look forward to hearing from you!