- test :
What Square Footage Is Right for You?
One of the first things a prospective homebuyer will think about is the size of the house. The average size for new homes built in the United States is around 2,500 to 3,000 square feet. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that a size in that range will be right for you as well. Each homeowner will have his or her perfect amount of square footage and as your Los Angeles home, kitchen, and bathroom remodeling experts, we at NB Construction would like to help you find out what that amount is.
Determining the Right Amount of Square Footage
There are a number of things that you’ll have to take into account if you want to find the square footage that’s closest to your desires. These factors include:
- Your Family – The first thing to consider is your family and the amount of people that are living with you. Obviously, the bigger the family, the more space that you’ll need.
- Your Lifestyle – You’ll need to factor in whether you need to have a work or office space at home. This can also include whether you’ll be inviting guests to your place often and if you’ll even be around much due to travel.
- Your Hobbies – You’ll need extra room if you have hobbies that require more space. For example, if you want a separate gym, a bar, a movie theater, or a hang-out area, you’ll need to bump up the square footage.
- Your Future – This is where you’ll need to ask yourself questions about your future. Are you planning on having more kids? Will your parents move in with you when they’re older? Do you want to live in the house for the rest of your life?
Why Having the Right Square Footage Is Vital
When you don’t have a house with the proper square footage, it can be a detriment for you. For example, if you build a house that’s too big:
- You’ll pay a higher mortgage payment.
- You’ll also pay higher taxes, insurance, and utility bills.
- It will take more time and money to maintain and clean your house.
On the other hand, if your house is too small, you’ll run into the following problems:
- You won’t have enough personal or storage space.
- There won’t be any room to expand if you have kids later on.
- You may not be able to entertain guests.
Contact Your Los Angeles General Contractor Today!
If you’re interested in Los Angeles bathroom remodels, kitchen remodels, flooring, or any of our other high-quality home services, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with us by giving us a call at (323) 424-3514. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know. We can’t wait to hear from you and help turn your current home into your dream home!